*Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.*
(1) Early Bird deadline: July 21, 2017
(2) Regular deadline: September 10, 2017
(1) GPIFF accepts all genres and all length
(2) “Feature Film” is defined as film longer than 40 minutes; all other films are defined by “Short Films”
(1) Films must be submitted via online screener
(2) Film resolution must be at least 1920×1080; NTSC; MP4 or MOV
(4) Aspect ratio could be 16:9, 2.35:1 or 1.85:1. Animation and only animation could be in 4:3
(1) There is no premiere policy for short films and music videos.
(2) Works-in-progress are NOT accepted.
(3) Works with explicit sex and/or violence are NOT accepted.
(1) There is no Premiere policy, they may have screened at other Festivals and/or online.
(2) All submissions for GPIFF are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is not refundable.
GPIFF has been granted the right to use excerpts of the selected films for promotional purposes
(1) Submissions are reviewed and nominated based on the quality of narrative and production values by the selection committee.
(2) Nomination of films will be notified
(3) Nominated films will be reviewed and rated by members of the jury. Awards will be presented to the films with the highest rating.
(1) Submissions are reviewed and selected based on the quality of narrative and production values by the selection committee.
(2) Selection for screening will be notified
(1) By submitting to the GPIFF, the participant is granting permission to view their film by the Selection and Judging Committee, and if nominated or selected for screening, is granting permission to screen the film at GPIFF and use it in promotional materials (including but not limited to press releases, websites, social media, TV, radio and print).
(2) Selected and/or nominated films must provide high-resolution digital video in required format in order to be screened at the Vancouver Golden Panda International Film Festival.
(3) A selected DCP must be received at GPIFF no later than 30 days prior to its scheduled screening date.
(1) Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of GPIFF . Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, GPIFF reserves the right the make changes at any time for any reason. Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
(2 ) No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.