[Volunteer] Industry Research & Event Planning Volunteer
We’re looking for candidates with a strong passion and bold ideas in creating exciting events. Let’s work together to bring more awesome films and talents to Vancity!
This year’s GPIFF runs from December 4-10, 2017. Major events include a four-day Public Screening at Vancity Theatre; a full-day Industry Forum followed by a high-end Industry Party at Four Seasons Hotel and Vancouver Art Gallery on December 9. The Red Carpet and Awards Ceremony will be held at Queen Elizabeth Theatre on December 10.
* Volunteers will be rewarded with a festival pass for screenings and events, including the Awards Ceremony.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Conduct industry research, gather information and negotiate contracts
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote events
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post–event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Proven experience as an event planner or organizer
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- MS Office proficiency
- Proven communication skills
- Able to handle pressure
Please send your resume to email@example.com should you be interested in applying for this position.